Do you recognize the following statements?
- For me it’s challenging to ‘know the way’ in our project organization.
- I feel like I miss opportunities because I don’t know well enough who actually makes the decisions in my project.
- I notice that I respond differently to ‘seniors’: in such situations I act differently from how I would like to act.
- I tend to postpone difficult conversations with important decision makers or managers.
And? Did you recognize yourself in (some of) the statements? Then this training addresses just what you need to become a more effective in managing your stakeholders!
The goal is to improve your knowlegde and skills to manage Stakeholders in a project (eg managers, steering commitee members) or in a meeting (eg chairman, specialist, decision makers). This training will build further on the knowlegde and skills aquired in the training Influencing Skills and will focus more on surrounding aspects (system approach) rather than only the personal part.
After the training you will:
- have a better insight into how the different forces in a system (eg a project or a meeting) work with each other or against each other.
- have an understanding of what the difference is between the circle of influence and the circle of concern and how can you increase the circle of influence by being pro-active.
- understand how different ego-states influence your behaviour (there are several ego states and you can be any of them during a meeting).
- be able to initiate a courageous conversation (a difficult conversation which you really are not looking forward to, but of which do feel you need to do it).
Roel and Rutger will make sure that the evenings have sufficient room for theory, practice and questions, in a pleasant and safe atmosphere.
- Explanation and exercise of a model for analysing the different forces in a system (eg a project or a meeting).
- Explanation and exercise of the model “circle of influence and the circle of concern” and being pro-active versus being reactive.
- Explanation and exercise of the model Transactional Analysis which is about the different ego states.
- Exercise the discussed theory in a case which you bring in from your working environment
- Homework for evening two: practice with the new insights related with a project or situation which you are working in at the customer.
- Theory and practice to initiate a courageous conversation (a difficult conversation which you really are not looking forward to, but of which do feel you need to do it).
- Practicing and exercising with the new insights.
- Further exploration of your current worksituation.
Duration: 2 evening sessions, including dinner
Costs: 300 Bright Coins per member