Goal of training
Before a well thought out, intelligently designed and properly constructed system can be shipped to customers, it needs to be integrated and tested aimed to verify and validate the proper functioning of the system for the customers.
Using a mix of theory, examples and class cases, you will learn the main features of system release. We will start with building a solid base of test awareness; Why are tests conducted? What is their added value? How is the test role mapped on the V model?
The basis of a solid system release process is risk analysis. This is explained and practiced in a case using the Risk Based Testing method. The outcome of which is fundamental in making choices on how to divide the test effort, both in number of tests and in test coverage, using the limited time there is to get the maximum risk reduction before the system is released. The mentioned test coverage is achieved by selecting a fitting dynamic test technique and coverage combination.
Learned skills of all training days
- Understand what system release is
- Be aware what the importance of integration and test is within system development
- Understand that testing is an integral part of the V model
- Understand that testing is conducted in line with the companies philosophy
- Be able to perform a risk analysis using the Risk Based Testing Method
- Be able to derive a test strategy from the risk analysis
- Understand how dynamic test techniques reduce the risk in the design
- Be able to use dynamic test techniques
- Understand how to select fitting dynamic test techniques based on the outcome of the risk analysis
- Be able to write structured test cases
First evening overview
You will receive a hardcopy handout with the course sheets and cases. In the first evening the main topic is Test Awareness.
Homework: Find a story in/on the (social) media on product or system field problem(s) and try to explain if, in your opinion, it was already found before system release and accepted by management or was missed during product/system release altogether.
Second evening overview
The second evening focusses on the Risk Analysis using the Risk Based Testing Method which you will practice with a class case.
Homework: How are the risks assessed at your company, and (how) is this information used to make choices in what to test thoroughly and what receives minor attention.
Third evening overview
The third evening you will see how Dynamic Test Techniques are used to translate requirements to a test design with fitting coverage and practice two dynamic test techniques with a class case. The Test Case Template completes the route from requirement to test cases.
500 Bright Coins