Do you recognize the following statements?
- Sometimes my point is not coming across in a conversation or a meeting.
- I am not always as effective in my communication as I would like to be.
- When I’m convinced, I find it hard to listen to other perspectives and possibilities.
- When I listen to somebody, I tend to think in solutions in a split second. And the moment I think of solutions, I seem to stop really listening.
- For me it’s hard to give constructive feedback and receive feedback to or from colleagues: either I skip it, I’m too harsh / agressive or too defensive.
- I’m open to reflect and work on my way of professional communication.
And? Did you recognize yourself in (some of) the statements? Then this training addresses just what you need to become a more effective and convincing communicator!
Goal of training
At your work you communicate daily with a diversity of people; colleagues, customers, project members, managers and many more. To gather information, to make your point, to influence, to cooperate. Most of the time you do so easily, sometimes it’s challenging…
The way you communicate (or don’t) is driven by your skills and mindset. This has great influence on your work experience and the customers satisfaction. You are the ‘business card’ of yourself and the company, so let’s work on ‘the art of communication’ !
After the training you will:
- have gained insight in and learned to apply communication models, principles and tools in your daily work.
- be (more self-) aware of (the impact of) your communication: strengths, pitfalls and development points.
- have practiced with active listening skills and giving and receiving feedback.
- have developed more flexibility in your communicative behavior.
- have focused on your personal learning goals.
The trainers will make sure that the evenings have sufficient room for theory, practice and questions, in a pleasant and safe atmosphere.
Evening 1: Communication Fundamentals
- 5 Principles of communication: from theory to application
- Communication skills and mindset: how to make it work?
- Basics in psychology.
- Active Listening
- Making your point effectively
- Communication-models (basic, TCI, ‘switch’, PCP)
Evening 2: Feedback
- Feedback: opportunity to learn
- Giving and receiving feedback: model, tools and application
Evening 3: Challenging situations
You will be working with your own challenging practical cases, which are currently relevant for you.
- From patterns and pitfalls to growing self-awareness and more effective strategies.
- Transfer: maintaining and increasing the output.
We will use stand-up coaching with respect to communication skills.
Brighties who need to communicate in their daily work and are eager to learn more about themselves in relation to (their) communication, to improve their communication-skills and -impact.
Duration: 3 evening sessions, including dinner
Costs: 500 Bright Coins per member
Number of entrees: 6 – 12 persons